Kevin’s Retiring: We Need a New MMT Race Director
In a true feat of endurance, Kevin Sayers has directed the MMT 100 since 2011. And as much as he loves greeting finishers at camp, he’s also getting tired of kicking rocks. Kevin has decided that the 2022 race will be his last as RD.
Kevin has asked the VHTRC board to help find a successor, who would work side by side with him on the 2022 race before going solo on the 2023 event.
Want to be MMT RD?
If you’re interested in becoming the race director for MMT, let the VHTRC board know by June 14 by emailing Tracy Dahl at email@example.com and include a few lines about why you want the job and why you think you’d be a good fit.
Candidates must be members of the club. The ideal candidate will have some of these qualities:
- Strong organization/project management skills
- Prior race/fatass direction
- Experience running at least one 100-miler
- Experience running in the Massanuttens
- Ability to charm volunteers into working at overnight aid stations
This is an unpaid volunteer role.
Other ways to volunteer at MMT
Love MMT but not able to RD? We’re also on the hunt for a few key volunteers:
- Drop Bag logistics at the Start/Finish and transport to the aid stations (Bill Sublett is retiring from this role in 2023 and needs to shadow his replacement in 2022)
- Aid Station captain - Powells Fort
- Aid Station captain - Bird Knob
We love our MMT volunteers
A huge THANK YOU to Kevin for his decade of service to MMT … and to all our dedicated Happy Trails volunteers. See you at MMT 2022!