Mike Broderick: 1956–2010
A huge gathering of friends from the several worlds that Mike dominated remembered him at a memorial service on November 15. Since this is 2010, you can watch the service. Many VHTRC members were among those who showed their respect to Mike by attending the service.
Mike Broderick died in the early morning hours of November 5. We send our condolences to his family and the many other people close to him.
Mike appreciated all the gestures of support he received in his final battle with cancer. He was especially pleased that so much money was raised in his name to fight the disease, over $35,000. It is a small, but important, consolation that we were able to recognize Mike in this way.
Mike’s final illness showed how many people he had touched. Many, many of us will miss him greatly.
Happy trails, Mike.
Remembrances of Mike
- Obituary in the Washington Post (Nov 18)
- Another Post Article (Nov 23)
- Maryland Community News Article (Dec 1)
- Video of Mike’s Memorial Service
- Mike’s contribution site and Facebook page
- Washpost Notice and Memorial Service Information
- Mike’s Page at the Mortuary Site
- RRCA Tribute
- Memory from Kirstin Corris
- Memory from Bobby Gill
- Memory from Sophie Speidel
If you have more links to put here, either send them to Anstr (email@example.com) or post as a comment. We will move them to the list. If you want to post a memory here, let Anstr know.